Thursday 18 June 2015

Sydney Craft Show

So glad I made the effort to go to the Sydney Quilt Show this year. The red and white quilt exhibit was as good as I hoped. So many beautiful and inspirational quilts. We were able to take photos but not reproduce them without permission, so I'm sorry, I only have a general photo of the exhibit.

I met up with Julie and Kylie. We had a lovely time checking out all the stands and encouraging each other to spend money..........great friends to have! I'll show you my goodies in another post.

I found lots of mini inspiration, my absolute favourite was this superb 1/4" hexie flower garden quilt by the extremely talented Lorraine at Patchwork Plus. The red pathways make a nice change from neutrals. I also got to see Elenor Jean in person, it was exquisite. 


I would love to stay at home and play with my purchases tomorrow, but alas, I have to go to work......but it's going to be a good weekend!

Susan x

16 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous mini! Glad you enjoyed the show :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am soooo envious of you being able to see all these red and white quilts! Have fun over the weekend with your purchases :) Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at that beautiful sea of red and white ...absolutely gorgeous. So pleased to hear you had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have loved to see all those beautiful red and white quilts. What a lovely way to spend the day, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a feast for the eyes....
    love the hexie mini, of course.
    can't wait to see what treasures followed you home...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky you to have such wonderful friends lol.....you enjoy those purchses...

    ReplyDelete
  7. fantastic to see all those quilts....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a day out refreshes the batteries. Glad you didn't miss out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks interesting, I haven't heard of not being allowed to put photos on the internet without permission before......will have to be careful when next I go to a show!! That mini is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's such a shame that we didn't know each other were there! A cuppa and a chat would have been nice! Xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Saturday afternoon late and I bet you had a lovely day Susan playing...looking forward to seeing your purchases!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh i am very envious it would have been lovely to go to the show this year. I best there were many temptations

    ReplyDelete
  13. The red & white exhibit looks amazing - I too, am envious. Good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So jealous...how gorgeous does that red/white exhibition look...Lorraine's hexie quilt looks fabulous...

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad you enjoyed the Show after your long trip. It was great wasn't it? So refreshing to see the variety and range of creativity - makes me feel very dull! Oh yes that hexagon quilt looks like you :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Quilt heaven by the sound of things.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...