Thursday 4 June 2015

Nine Patch finish

I finished the binding on my nine patch quilt last night. It's made from repro nine patches swapped between friends last year. I used a snuggly flannelette backing, and big stitch quilting with perle in the plain blocks to mirror the nine patch.

I was short on backing so used some leftover blocks to make up the shortfall. I think it's a nice feature.

I was trying to be artistic this morning by taking a photo in the frost. 

I wasn't planning on going to the Sydney craft show this year, it's a busy time at home and work. But when I read that there was a red and white quilt display (100+) there was no question, my mind was made up. So I will be there on the Thursday, probably looking a combination of worn out and excited........I think my red and white hexie bag will need to come along!

Susan x

2 comments:

  1. Your quilt has certainly turned out beautifully Susan xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your take on a scrappy 9 patch . Just beautiful ( and very antique looking too ) . The feature on the back looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...