Monday 21 October 2013

Trying to be good.

This parcel arrived on Friday. It's from Kerry at Cottage on the Hill and it's a needlecase swap. I have to wait until November 1 to open it......I'm trying to be good......I've only squeezed it once!

I had a trip to spotlight on Saturday, mainly for towels for the new ensuite. Pretty happy with the "30% off towels" sign that greeted me as I walked in. I was so focused on towels that I didn't even look at fabric. I did however, pick up these sweet cotton ribbons. There were lots of other Christmas styles as well. The linen ribbon was from The Home Patch.

Had a "stressful" couple of hours last night trying to choose fabrics for some Irish Circles blocks. Maybe I wasn't in the right frame of mind, but nothing seemed to work together. The centre came together so easily, I wish the blocks were the same. I ended up falling back on some old favourite reds to keep me motivated.

Maybe I need more fabric for my stash? I'm thinking Midwinter Reds could do it.

Hope you're having a great start to the week.

Susan x

23 comments:

  1. oh what a tempting parcel Susan,it looks very pretty.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Shez - tempting parcel indeed - there might be another squeeze of two before the opening day, Susan.
    I am sure you will get your Irish Circles dilemma solved... it's looking amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kerry's overseas, she won't know if you open it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOoooh I love the new line of Midwinter reds it's been tempting me too. You were very restrained in spottie, lovely ribbons :) Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know if I could be that good! lol
    Hope you get your colour mojo back for your Irish circles. Patience.
    very cute little ribbons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh so hard to have to wait that long to open the parcel.... I saw those midwinter reds... lovely... your irish circles will come together... look with fresh eyes in the morning...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Midwinter Reds too! the ribbons are lovely...I don't have many ribbons in my stash.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good on you resisting temptation - only one squeeze?! Pretty ribbons. I'm sure next time you check out your Irish circles it will all fall into place.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Be good Susan. Not long to the 1st. Lovely ribbons from Spotlight. I want some Midwinter red too. Just bought a charm of it. Hugs.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous parcel...very tempting!!! I have seen that cute ribbon. Ohhhh Midwinter Red. I have been trying to resist as I caved in on Josephine. Lol Love Midwinter :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. How hard not to be able to open that lovely looking parcel Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh yes some Midwinter Reds ...... you need to go shopping :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. There is always a little gentle shaking allowed too...just a little...

    ReplyDelete
  14. That parcel is very tempting isn't it !!! Be strong as it's NOT that long until November 1. Kerry wrapped it beautifully! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great find at Spotlight...lovley ribbon. And yes, you can never have enough fabric and definetly never enough red fabric!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Go ON...sneak a peek!! no-one will know! He He...definitely need more fabric in the stash.... go ahead... get the midwinter reds too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Behave yourself Susan!! No peeking......

    ReplyDelete
  18. Only seven sleeps now...or is it eight..?...;o)) It looks very tempting!!!
    I suppose one can never have too many fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Is your parcel still unopened?
    Those mid winter reds are gorgeous and will fit comfortably into your stash.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's gotta be difficult to look at the package and not open it. I just bought a jelly roll of the mid winter reds, they are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  21. That parcel looks hard to resist! Lovely new purchases.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks like a difficult package to resist ..... Good luck with the fabric picking

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...